M&S Opticians were looking for an agency that could support them in entering a new market and their ambitious growth plans. Discover how we did it.
As new entrants into the market through a partnership with Owl Optical, M&S opticians wanted to expand their omnichannel experience and capture the imaginations of their audience.
M&S opticians were looking for an agency that could support them in entering a new market and with their ambitious growth plans for 2022. These plans included launching a new physical store every week in locations across the UK and seeing an increase in the e-commerce side of their business. As such, they needed a strategy that understood both national and local digital marketing to leverage this rapid growth and turn it into online appointment bookings.
The campaign with M&S opticians focused on two key disciplines: PPC and SEO. For SEO, the strategy revolved around increasing their organic rankings, providing useful information and, most importantly, offering a valuable user experience. This includes:
- Competitor research.
- Keyword research to pull out the key areas of focus.
- Content optimisation to ensure the pages for their products follow best SEO Practices and meet customer needs.
- Providing new blog content and ideas to capture the long tail and question-based variations.
- Technical SEO, ensuring tracking is working as it should, and everything is being measured for success.
- Landing pages are built with conversions in mind. When paired with our PPC channel, the pages being created are leading people down the funnel.
For PPC, we had a dual focus. Increasing online appointment bookings and increased e-commerce purchases. For appointments, we set up localised search campaigns just focusing on those people searching for eye or hearing tests in areas where a new store had or is opening soon. We also implemented a performance max campaign to truly optimise the opportunities.
4606 Ranking keywords vs 2141 the previous year
320 Keywords ranking on Page 1
82% Increase in goal conversions
22% conversion rate
44.53% increase in Organic traffic YoY
73% Increase in conversion compared to the previous 6 months
40,000+ Ad Clicks